*Supports cards globally and mobile money (Ghana only)
About the SIA Trust Scholarship Program.
The SIA Trust scholarship program provides high achieving Ghanaian students of economically disadvantaged backgrounds with an equal opportunity to gain holistic education through an internationally recognized curriculum. Regardless of their backgrounds, scholars under the scholarship program can gain relevant education which develops them into global citizens who are mindful of their responsibility to self and society.
This scholarship program is available to high achieving students with a proven financial need and currently provides them with education at Savannah International Academy, the first private co-educational secondary institution which offers a curriculum leading to the International GCSE and A levels in Tamale, Ghana.
The SIA Trust scholarship program has been fully active since September 2018 and has awarded nearly Ghc 15,000 to its first cohort of scholars. Beneficiaries of this year’s scholarship are smart and hardworking young people, who have demonstrated potential and are capable of contributing immensely to their communities with the right nurturing, to make them agents of positive and transformational change.
Besides the academic component of the scholarship package, SIA Trust scholars undergo a personal development program which includes a community give-back component where they use skills they have acquired in design thinking, to come up with sustainable solutions to challenges they observe in their immediate communities. The aim of the personal development program is to maximize their scholarship experience and further entrench the goal of raising global citizens mindful of their responsibility to self and society.
Our target is to raise Ghc 25,000 by July 2019. This will help support the following key elements
· Tuition, including books and stationery for scholars.
· Uniforms, Lunch and Transportation for scholars.
· Personal Development Program - including mentorship, volunteering and community give-back component.
All contributions will go towards the SIA Trust in its mission to award scholarships to high achieving students whose families face serious financial challenges.
How We Measure Success
We evaluate the success of the scholarship program in three main ways - academic performance while enrolled under the program, overall scholar experience, and scholars’ impact and contributions to their communities.
1. Academic Performance. At the end of each term, scholars complete a progress report, which is jointly completed by the scholars’ assigned academic supervisor and the Lead in Teaching and Learning (LTL).
2. Scholar Experience. End of term progress reports not only measure academic success but also provide information on how well scholars are adapting to their learning environment and personal progress that they have observed that they have made.
3. Scholar Impact - Scholars are surveyed two years after graduation to assess what the effect of the SIA Trust scholarship program on their lives and further education. The goal of the scholarship program is to develop these teenagers into global citizens who are mindful of their responsibility to self and society.